I had gone to town today and when I came home I saw all the kids outside of the school along the fence. There were a couple of fire trucks so I thought they were doing a fire drill. Didn't think much of it and hubby mentioned something when he came home about 15 mins later.
So around 2pm I went on my yahoo account and there was an Alert Mail. Normally I delete them but I thought I'd read it.
Well I am glad I did! As this is what it said:
At 1:30PM today Sarnia Fire and Rescue was called to St Michael's school in Brights Grove to investigate a natural gas odour. The building has been evacuated and Union Gas is investigating. There are no reports of injuries.
The alert hasn't been cancelled yet but picture day was cancelled and there's no homework. My sons teacher has borrowed my cell phone to call parents because there's kids that have kids to their house in the class room and no one is allowed in.
From the Sarnia Observer
BREAKING NEWS — Firefighters called to Bright's Grove school
Posted By Observer staff
Firefighters have been called to St. Michael's school in Bright's Grove this afternoon.
Fire officials say they are investigating a reported natural gas odour.
Engines from four fire stations responded shortly after 1 p.m.
Tom Marshall, of Sarnia Fire and Rescue Services, said school officials reported feeling the school shake, which set off an alarm at the school.
The school was evacuated as a precaution and Union Gas officials have been called to the scene.
There were no injuries and the investigation is continuing.
More updates will follow.