Sunday, September 16, 2007

Knitting Saturday!

Well last night I got some knitting accomplished! I finished a mauve scarf for the craft show. Then I started an orange toque for my son to go hunting with hubby. Turns out I need BLAZE ORANGE yarn not bright orange. Anyone know where I might find this at at a reasonable cost? Blaze orange shows up in the dark. Go figure. Needless to say I don't want my son getting shot so I am going to look for some. I did find some for $17.00 a ball (250 grams).

Any way..... I couldn't sleep so I got up and finished the hat (6 rows left) and I started and finished a scarf in black fun fur. That only took 40 minutes. When you used 10mm needles, 10 stitches and the yardage is 65 yards. It really doesn't take that long.

Well today the kids and I have gotten some housework done. I've backed a snitch pie, have a roast in the oven, carrots and potatoes on the stove ready to go. A nice fall meal.

I am hopping to finish off a candy bag and a dishcloth tonight. I have some laundry to do as well before I go back to work tomorrow.

Yeah! New job! New experiences! K get your resume in! Its part-time at Staples - doing deposits, covering cash for breaks and learning alot. Can't wait to do this.

Have a great day!

No comments: