Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A belated Happy Ground Hog Day

It was nasty last friday but we hit the road any way to go to the farm. It snowed, and hailed and when we hit Exeter we were thinking of turning around. Had some lunch at McD's and decide to keep going. I buried my head into a book and look up occasionally.

It took 4 1/2 hrs to get to Owen Sound and thats 1 1/2 hours more than normal but we got there safe and sound. Our goal... to go and see Wiarton Willie on Saturday for Miki's birthday. Nothing says lovin' than getting up to see a rodent on your daughter's birthday. Our son didn't go and he opted to sleep in. But hubby, daughter and I went and had fun. The tv cameras panned the crowd and the kids were on but when it hit the evening news at 6 and 11 it was the big kids that hit it, yours truly included. Thank goodness I looked enthused! lol Did the sausage and pancake thing and tried to find all the events that were going on hard to do when you don't know the town. I know where Timmie's is and to drive straight through to Tobermory but not all the side streets.

We got back around noon and Matt wanted to go to Harrison Park toboganning. So daddy took him and I stayed at the farm. He came back for Miki and I and we all went for a late lunch at Pizza Hut the all you can eat buffet. Definitely got our money's worth but didn't want my supper at 5:30pm (we finished lunch at 2pm). Pass the tums please.......

All and all it was a great day and I did a bunch of knitting. I finished a scarf on friday night, made 2 dishcloths on Saturday and finished another on sunday.

Hubby and I went snowmobiling on Sunday moring for about 1 1/2hr. WE figure it might be the only time we get to go and the trails are still not open. I guess you really do need a good dumping of snow for that and for it to stay! hehehe He went out again with his dad and Matt and we left around 3:30 to come home.

Now I am trying to catch the laundry up and other stuff and I am still tired. I watched a movied Sunday night till 11:20pm.... wouldn't be a bad thing but I'm up at 5:30 am so not alot of sleep that night.

Will post pictures once I download them from the camera.

Ohhhh and if we don't get this storm I will be finishing up getting my package ready for the hot chocolate swap that I am in. Can't wait to see what I get her and what I will receive!

Happy knitting! With these temps I could be gardening! hehehe

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Well I have never heard of Wiarton Willie but it sounds like yu had a great day.

Will look forward to the pictures