Sunday, June 04, 2006

Summer of Stash - what I am doing.

Thought I'd copy what I wrote on the SOS blog so I knew what I was going to do for it.

My name is Leigh Ann and I have a stash problem as well. Over the past month I have picked up alot of new yarn and I still haven't used up yarns from years ago. Did my last purchased yesterday as I new I would be joining this. I am so bad! The yarn was originally $7.99 and on sale for $2.10, what's a girl to do - its a !00% virgin wool and I am going to make two cool hats for the kids for winter, already had picked up some gorgeous cotton that was on sale at the local yarn store as well. Stuff I'd love to knit with but find its pricey.

Any way..... my goals:

1. Not to buy any yarn until after the Labour Day weekend (depending on how much of the stash I have used). See April 2 blog for pictures of the stash. My blog is: http://knittingngardeningjunkie.blogspot.com/
2. To complete some of my UFO's:
a. Matt's sweater
b. Miki's sweater
c. Poncho - not sure who its for yet. Don't think it will fit me.
d. Washcloths - that I am doing for a KAL for group I am on
e. The 6 cable sweater I started back in 1992 that no longer will fit but is almost done.
f. Sewing buttons on a few things that need them and tucking ends into others so that
they are 100% finished.
3. To work on depleting some of my new yarns into the projects that I bought them for:
1. Bernat Satin top for me
2. Bernat Matrix top for me
3. Bernat Matrix poncho for me
4. Hat for Matt - can't think of the name but its 100% virgin wool
5. Hat for Miki - same as above
6. Cotton top for me - Twilley's Freedom Cotton DK in navy
7. various scarves that I have boughten yarn for
8. to use up some of the dish cloth yarns that I have had for awhile.
4. I won't buy any more yarn on sale till after the SOS is done or till I use up alot of this yarn.

I think that's good for me for now. Could add more if I get through these lists.

Exceptions:

1. A knitting magazine that may come out during this time
2. A ball of yarn to finish a project. Shouldn't have too as I normally buy an extra ball.
3. If I go on a fab holiday and see an awesome yarn shoppe and the yarn calls to me. Fat chance this will happen but if it does I would be aloud.
4. Extra stitch counter if I have mutiple things on the go or I loose one. I really don't need any extra knitting stuff as I have alot as is.

What's in it for me in the end.

Yarn used up and a feeling of accomplishment. Hopefully some Christmas presents will be finished and I won't be rushed then.

3 comments:

Suzie said...

You go girl! I've been feeling overrun by my stash lately. I need to join SOS!

Leigh Ann said...

Thanks Suzie! Going to try!

roseygirl said...

I am so glad I am not the only one with s stash problem! OMG! I just can not help myself I buy yarn even when I do not need it , but if it is on sale I have to have it!