Saturday, June 23, 2007

What a great day!

What a great day it was today! The weather was awesome. Today was
Bright's Grove's annual Canada Day parade and the kids and I
participated in it. They with their bikes and myself with the my
brownie unit (dd didn't want to walk she wanted to ride her bike). We
had a great time. Our local Optimist host it every year and all
participates get a free hot dog and pop. Not bad for a short walk.
The people and friends I got to see was fun.

Bright's Grove is a small town, population about 2500 (and we are
amalgamated with the city of Sarnia) and it had that real family
feeling today. The kids wandered where ever and I didn't have to keep
an eye on them like I would in the city. Dd even took second prize
for her bike!

Our parade is always a week earlier than the city, better selection of
stuff from the dollar store too! hehehe

Well off to start summer and get something done around this neglected
house. The kids are having a pool party on Wednesday and I want the
house to look half decent.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Leigh Ann

No comments: